Friday, August 7, 2009

bad end - Silver Star hotel, Palolem, Goa

1 star rooms and good food on the beach. Went off season (22nd July 2009 to 23rd) staff was helpful. Plain room - tv, western style loo. No soap, toilet paper, or hot water (but you can get most essentials at the shops 400 meters away). Owned by two brothers one of who I spoke to and seemed quite friendly.
 
Enjoyed my stay except - I was moving in to the Lalit Intertcontinental with my wife but wanted some clothes laundered. They agreed to clean them. When I checked out I did not ask for help and no one came forward to help with my 3 bags.
 
Realized the next day that I had the room key so I went immediately and dropped it off. All the staff was around the TV - slow days.
 
When I came back for my clothes on the 25th the other brother was there was he was not very nice. Said I owe him a days rent cause I had the room keys! I told him walking away with room keys is a common problem - that is why some star hotels have the paper or electronic keys now that can be easily replaced in house at a low cost.
 
He said how are they to know if I checked out or took the key along cause I meant to come back!
 
I reminded him : when I checked out I informed the staff that I was checking out, settled my bill and then left.
 
Then he started calling me a beggar and other obscenities, when I told him to shut up and cussed him one of his staff flew at me and had to be stopped by another.
 
Sad experience - will make me more wary of these low budget places in the future.
 

Regards
Tushar Kapila
santaletternow.com     http://sel2in.com

tushar.kapila@gmail.com yahoo : tushar.kapila@yahoo.com msn : tgkprog3@hotmail.com GTalk : tgkprog@gmail.com

www.worldcommunitygrid.org Volunteer computer Cancer cures
www.thehungersite.com , and www.bhookh.com feed hungry , its free. www.ecologyfund.com
Please add these to your start-up how to: http://tusharkapila.blogspot.com/2008/05/s.html
Google :

No comments:

Post a Comment

all spam will be deleted , even the stupid-funny kind like :"Your words sometimes echo in my mind and during my leisure time, i read ..." give me a break!